Medical statement (on sick leave)
The doctors are regularly requested for a medical statement. For example, in regard of an insurance claim or when applying for an insurance. Doctors may only issue a medical statement under the following conditions:
- The patient or the concerning organization submits a written application;
- The patient gives written consent for the sharing of medical information.
A sick note, or fit note, will only be written under the following conditions:
- The employer is an international organization;
- The organization in question does not have a health and safety officer;
- The patient reports sick with the doctor on the first day of illness, or the next working day when this occurs during the weekend;
- The patient reports better with the doctor, and informs about the next working day.
The doctor does not write a note when we are informed about the sick leave afterwards.